- n Greek coloratura soprano (born in the United States) known for her dramatic intensity in operatic roles (1923-1977)
- n South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix
- n water arum
- That's why Chvez seems less than ruffled at being told by King Juan Carlos, "Por qu no te callas?" Why don't you shut up? over the weekend at the Ibero-American Summit .
News & Articles
- Potted hot house plants need special attention to survive in the garden
Chrysanthemums, hydrangeas, azaleas, callas, kalanchoes and miniature roses cannot really be as happy as they seem to be while in full bloom at the florist counter. Then there are all the seasonal blooming plants like Easter lilies and poinsettias. Wrapped in undraining mylar, often with ribbons and bows, they are actually quite humiliated.
July 9, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Arianna Huffington in mediabistro.com (blog)
Having written books on two of the greatest artists of the 20th century -- Pablo Picasso and Maria Callas -- I have always looked forward to the day when we would be launching an arts section,said Arianna Huffington. "And it's a particular...
- Patti Smith in Toronto Sun
I'ma real opera (freak),Smith said. "I go to YouTube and watch Glenn Gould. My son and daughter taught me that. You can find really great footage of Glenn Gould playing, or Maria Callas. I'm more opera and classical bent, myself."