call-in : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a telephone call to a radio station or a television station in which the caller participates in the on-going program
- A fleshy, pie-faced man in a short-sleeved shirt is idly dealing blackjack hands to himself while grappling with questions from his call-in radio audience.
- There was a touch of the hokey, too, in Carter's pledge to act as host of a call-in talk show that would be broadcast from the Oval Office.
- We talk early in the mornings (call-in hours start at 7) and on weekends.
News & Articles
- Pancreatic cancer advocacy day
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (pancan.org) has designated Tuesday as National Call-In day.The organization urges all citizens to call the offices of their three Congressional members (one Representative and two Senators) to voice the need for making pancreatic cancer research and funding a national priority.
June 17, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- ‘Stop Watching Us’ Plans Next Move Against NSA
The Stop Watching Us campaign will test its ability to mobilize opposition to the National Security Agency’s controversial surveillance programs with a national call-in day to Capitol Hill lawmakers this Tuesday, Rainey Reitman of the Electronic Frontier Foundation tells TIME. The coalition of civil liberties groups began its efforts last Tuesday, when the site launched a petition urging ...
June 15, 2013 - Swampland
- Mattress Firm Participates in Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s National Call-In Day
Mattress Firm, Inc., the nation’s largest specialty mattress retailer, today announced that it expects more than 500 company employees to participate in the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s National Call-In Day on June 18th.
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance