calif : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth
News & Articles
- Calif. teacher accused of having sex with students on school grounds
CORONA, Calif., June 21 (UPI) -- Police in Corona, Calif., said they arrested a high school teacher who was accused of having sex with multiple students under the age of 18 on school grounds.
June 21, 2013 - UPI
- Calif. hospital bans abortion after joining with Catholic hospital, stirring protest
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — By joining with a much bigger Catholic health system, a prominent Orange County hospital hopes to enhance patients' access to a host of services — except one.
June 21, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Calif. Man Gets 'Best Job in the World'
An American from Costa Mesa, Calif., won what Australia’s tourism group calls “chief funster” and one of the six ”best jobs in the world.” Californian Andrew Smith, 25, won the top job of chief funster, to be based in the state of New South Wales. Back...
June 21, 2013 - ABC News
- Ron Chernow in FOXNews
One thing New York did uniquely well was investment banking,Chernow said. "When they become commercial banks _ well, commercial banks can do very well in Charlotte, NC; Chicago, Ill.; or San Francisco, Calif. They don't need the New York...
- Roger Federer in Seattle Times
I am on a nice roll right now and I am playing in Indian Wells [Calif.] next,Federer said. "I have won there the last three years, so hopefully I can win again and beat Vilas' record there."
- George Lucas in Lexington Herald Leader
Lucas describes Rockwell's vision as "an idealized version of . . . life." "I did that in 'American Graffiti,' says Lucas, who grew up in Modesto, Calif. I came from a small town in central California. I grew up in the Norman Rockwell world...