cairn : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path
- n small rough-haired breed of terrier from Scotland
- As they passed a cairn of rocks topped by brightly colored flags printed with Buddhist prayers, each pious Tibetan added a stone to the mound, murmured the traditional litany .
- A Negro groom stroked the colt's nose, trying to cairn him down while Trainer Eddie Neloy tightened the saddle girth.
- They have also trained friendly-looking dogs, like cairn terriers and cocker spaniels, to sniff out suspects by amiably sitting down beside them.
News & Articles
- Mile Marker: Wally's Dome
High in the Sacramento Mountains near Ruidoso is a stone cairn with an archway facing east. This is Wally's Dome.
June 20, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Pets of the Week: Carrie
Carrie is an extremely sweet 2-year-old Cairn Terrier Mix. She has a lot of energy and loves to play. Carrie is house broken and will make a great companion. She needs a home and a family who can give her their time and love. For more information on animals up for adoption, stop by or contact the Nacogdoches Animal Control and Shelter, 3211 S.W. Stallings Dr. #(936)560-5011
June 18, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Springfield Baptist Church ordains Robert E. Davalt II
The Springfield Baptist Church ordained Robert E. Davalt II in a worship service May 19. Rev. Davalt, 49, began youth ministry at Springfield Baptist in March 2008. The Ordination was under the auspices of the American Baptist Churches (ABC) USA. Delegates from seven area ABC churches participated in the service. Dr. Donald Chaney, chairman of the Cairn University Graduate Programs delivered a ...
June 18, 2013 - Springfield Press