- n a telegram sent abroad
- n a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
- n a very strong thick rope made of twisted hemp or steel wire
- n a nautical unit of depth
- n television that is transmitted over cable directly to the receiver
- n a television system that transmits over cables
- v send cables, wires, or telegrams
- v fasten with a cable
- Analysis: It may have caved in allowing all its fans to watch the Patriots play for an undefeated season, but the league network's battle with cable companies is far from over.
- John Malone has been American cable's smartest operator and toughest dealmaker.
- A second cable guy came to make sure she was connected.
News & Articles
- Cable companies are pulling punches in fight with Google Fiber
Several cable companies are currently capable of offering Internet service that meets or exceeds the blistering 1Gbps speeds enjoyed by Google Fiber subscribers. In fact, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts showed off a demo of a 3Gbps cable broadband connection just last week at the annual National Cable Television Association’s Cable Show in Washington, D.C. ”I hope there’s a demand for [Google Fiber ...
June 17, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Is cable holding back superfast broadband adoption on purpose?
The cable industry says it is more than ready to compete with Google Fiber, but adds that consumers are nowhere near ready for gigabit speeds. Is it cable's pricing schemes that are holding back adoption? [Read more]
June 17, 2013 - CNET
- This Cable Business Seems to Be a Good Buy
This Cable Business Seems to Be a Good Buy
June 17, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Chase Carey in Schaeffers Research
It looks like we will not reach an agreement and our channels may very well go off the air in Time Warner Cable systems at midnight [Dec. 31],said Chase Carey, president and chief operating officer of News Corp., in a memo to employees yesterday.
- John Conyers in Reuters
It's the worst pictures that you can get. And it shows every hour on cable news and several times a day on the regular networks. The people of the United States have the impression the whole Gulf of Mexico is ankle-deep in oil, which is simply not... Haley Barbour http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haley_Barbour&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHFFjpsw2NMVwx2ZPUOVs0PfP9I0w The State Column (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thestatecolumn.com/blog/%3Fp%3D456&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEHA4tz-Wkx3IrUhQDMJrzGu60A3g Jun 14, 2010
14134 19068 cable Conyers said: It is unfortunate that Mr. Rove has failed to cooperate with our requests. Although he does not seem the least bit hesitant to discuss these very issues weekly on cable television and in the print news media, Mr. Rove and his attorney...