- n a highway that encircles an urban area so that traffic does not have to pass through the center
- n a surgically created shunt (usually around a damaged part)
- n a conductor having low resistance in parallel with another device to divert a fraction of the current
- v avoid something unpleasant or laborious
You cannot bypass these rules!
- It's often considered a last resort for the severely overweight and obese, but gastric bypass surgery can be a lifesaver for one group of overweight patients: those with diabetes .
- New research shows that bariatric surgeries, like gastric bypass, are safer and more effective than originally thought, especially for teenagers and seniors.
- Doctors have long suspected that lowering a patient's cholesterol level after bypass surgery would slow the growth of new blockages in the coronary vessels.
News & Articles
- Protesters descend on Willits bypass construction site again
Protesters again disrupted work on the Willits bypass Wednesday morning in an ongoing effort to halt the Highway 101 project.
June 13, 2013 - The Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- Bypass solves Skywalk toll road
KINGMAN — The standoff between a guest ranch owner and the Hualapai tribe ended — at least temporarily — Tuesday with the completion of a graded dirt road that bypasses the ranch property.
June 13, 2013 - Mohave Daily News
- Proposed Tifton bypass causes concern
A proposed bypass in Tifton is causing concern among people who live in several subdivisions.
June 12, 2013 - WALB Albany
- Regis Philbin in Kansas City Star
Darn it, I don't want to do it,Philbin said. "Nobody wants to do it, I guess. And I had a second opinion, I did all those things, and so they're all in agreement that it should be the bypass. And so that's what I'm going to do."
- Bart Stupak in BusinessWeek
Yes, we're prepared to take responsibilityfor the defeat of the bill, Stupak said today on ABC Television's "Good Morning America" program. "I want to see health care, but we're not going to bypass some principles and belief we feel...
- Anna Bligh in Brisbane Times
Weather permitting, this bypass will be open to motorists tomorrow and will mean the drive from the NSW border will be without a set of traffic lights for over 270km - all the way to Gympie,Ms Bligh said.