- n the act of buying
buying and selling fill their days
- v obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction
- v make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- v be worth or be capable of buying
- v acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange
- v accept as true
- Wal-mart offers convenience and low prices, but buying locally produced goods may give you and your neighbors an even bigger payoff.
- If men are buying new boxers, they're going cheap, and they're more likely to opt for the single pair rather than the multi-pack.
- But some economists wonder why buying up credit card and auto loan debt is any better or easier to do than buying up mortgage bonds.
News & Articles
- Instant View: Fed to keep buying bonds, boosts 2014 forecasts
(Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Wednesday said it would keep buying $85 billion in bonds per month and gave no explicit indication that it was close to scaling back the program, despite intense market speculation it could soon start drawing it to a close. KEY POINTS: *Describing the economy as expanding moderately, Fed officials cited further improvement in labor market conditions, and noted ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Microsoft talked with Nokia about buying devices unit: report
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp recently talked with Nokia about buying the Finnish phone maker's devices unit, but the discussions faltered and are not likely to be revived, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday in its online edition. The Journal reported that "advanced discussions" on a deal happened as recently as this month, according to unnamed sources it said were familiar with the ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Datawatch buying Panopticon in $31.4M stock deal
Datawatch is buying real-time visual data software company Panopticon Software AB in an all-stock deal valued at about $31.4 million. Datawatch, which is based in Chelmsford, Mass., provides information ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in ABC News
Clinton said, however, "We have noticed that the pirates are buying more and more sophisticated equipment. They're buying faster and more capable vessels. They are clearly using their ransom money for their benefit, both personally and on behalf of...
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
He called last year's bull market, remember, saying in March of 2009, "What you're now seeing is profit-and-earning ratios are starting to get to the point where buying stocks is a potentially good deal," whereupon stocks promptly embarked on...
- Jack Cafferty in International Herald Tribune
We continue to import their junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food and export, you know, jobs to places where you can pay workers a dollar a month to turn out the stuff that we're buying from Wal-Mart,Cafferty said,...