- n concealing something under the ground
- v cover from sight
- v place in a grave or tomb
- v place in the earth and cover with soil
- v enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing
- v embed deeply
- v dismiss from the mind; stop remembering
- It does lose a few points by burying gas stations under the heading "Transport," since gas stations are so crucial to the wandering driver they should have their own heading.
- An Iraqi General said that he was pretty certain that the al-Qaeda leadership had slipped away, north to Tikrit and Samarra, and that many of the fighters were burying their .
- That reserve was interpreted as indifference in the turbulent months after Princess Diana died, when Britons contemplated burying their monarchy.
News & Articles
- ‘Teach a Man How to Fish…’
Students at Westport’s Greens Farm Academy made an after school fishing trip today to Burying Hill Beach, perhaps cognizant of the ancient Chinese proverb “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
June 15, 2013 - WestportNow
- 'Mad Men' Season 6 episode 12 photos: 'Quality of Mercy' - Don goes back to work
Last week's "Mad Men" delivered one of the most shocking twists of the season when Sally Draper caught her father, Don, in the act with his neighbor and mistress, Sylvia.Can this week's penultimate episode, titled "The Quality of Mercy," possibly top that? From the looks of these promotional photos released by AMC, Don may be avoiding the issue entirely by burying himself in work at SC&P.Or ...
June 15, 2013 - Zap2It
- Boy halts burial of his own dog to save another
A 15-year-old boy who was in the middle of burying his beloved dog with his stepfather had to stop what they were doing to rescue another dog for a family they didn't even know. Mobile users, click here to see home video of the raging house fire A raging fire took the neighbor's home, but an act of heroism by Dillon Hayes and his stepfather, Ben Wheeler, kept the flames from taking the pet. "We ...
June 14, 2013 - WYFF 4 Greenville
- Dmitry Smirnov in International Herald Tribune
We are burying a great man, a great son of our nation, a beautiful holy fruit grown by our Russian church,Rev. Dmitry Smirnov, a Moscow archpriest, said in an address at the funeral, which was broadcast live on state-run television. "Our...
- George Tenet in FOXNews
As Mr. Suskind tells it, the White House directed (and CIA allegedly went along with) burying that information so that the war could go ahead as planned. This is a complete fabrication,Tenet said.
- Kwame Kilpatrick in FOXNews
Today we're not just burying the N-word, we're taking it out of our spirit,said Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. "We gather burying all the things that go with the N-word. We have to bury the 'pimps' and the 'hos' that go with it."