bursar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the treasurer at a college or university
- There, with all the aplomb of executives signing for an expense-account lunch, student after student stepped up to the bursar's desk during registration, pulled out a shiny Bank .
- What bursar has collected fees from the seed of Plato, Aristotle, Buddha or Mohammed? Sheltered in his ducal palace, sustained by a state pension antedating Christianity, served .
- He may run a sharp eye over the bursar's books, but he stays completely out of the classroom.
News & Articles
- Love at Duke
Durham, NC - John and Ashley Glenn met through a mutual friend about four years ago before either worked at Duke. Now they're married and both spend their workdays in Smith Warehouse, where Ashley works as a cashier in the Bursar's Office, and John is a general maintenance mechanic with Facilities Management.
June 14, 2013 - Duke University
- Koigi Wamwere in AllAfrica.com
The minister is not supposed to do assistant minister's job. You cannot be headmaster and school bursar at same time or teach all the subjects,Mr Wamwere said.
- Glen Murray in Boston Globe (registration)
Something to do with the bursar sac,explained Murray. "In my case, there's a lot of scar tissue around it, and it has built up and built up. [Theodore] tells me he's seen a lot worse, and part of the discussion we've had has been about...