- n the wood cut from a tree burl or outgrowth; often used decoratively in veneer
- n a large rounded outgrowth on the trunk or branch of a tree
- n soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
- v remove the burls from cloth
- A boil, in the peculiar dialect of Brooklyn, The Bronx and parts of Manhattan, is a "burl.
News & Articles
- News 3 at Noon: B/CS Chamber of Commerce
Burl Haigwood with the B/CS Chamber of Commerce joined News 3 at Noon on Monday to thank the community for supporting Friday's Community Softball Classic. Proceeds from the event and lunch on Thursday at all B/CS McDonald's will benefit the 100 Club. He also talked about an upcoming Business After Hours and Ladies' Nite.
June 17, 2013 - KBTX 3 Bryan - College Station
- 3 injured in plane crash at Victoria airport
VICTORIA, Texas —Three men were injured Saturday morning in a plane crash at the Victoria Regional Airport. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the plane left from Victoria Regional, at 10 a.m., and then crashed into a nearby field. Texas DPS have identified the men as pilot Burl Wilkerson, 58, of Houston, along with passengers Sajib Rupollia, 30, of California, and Daniel Nghien ...
June 15, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Cardinal bests West Burlington
WEST BURLINGTON — The West Burlington baseball team fell to Cardinal 4-2 Thursday in Southeast Iowa Superconference South action. Conner McElderry supplied the Comets with its power, blasting a home run and driving in two RBI in the game. Dakota Sho
June 14, 2013 - Ottumwa Courier
- Javier Vazquez in Chicago Sun-Times
No, really I don't [care],Vazquez said. "I've always said that, even when I was in Montreal [and] I started a few opening games. I mean, in some ways, I guess it's an honor. It means that you did things right. Burl, he's done everything...
- Gino Marchetti in Providence Journal
Yet, when the players were polled, Matson recalled Marchetti saying: "We ain't gonna go without Burl and Ollie."