- n a former province of eastern France that is famous for its wines
- n red table wine from the Burgundy region of France (or any similar wine made elsewhere)
- n a dark purplish-red to blackish-red color
- The burgundy robes of Buddhist monks usually evoke a sense of spiritual calm.
- Millions of people have been introduced to the Zagat experience through the familiar burgundy-colored books filled with quote-heavy reviews that score restaurants on four criteria .
- Dressed in a grey pinstriped suit and burgundy tie, Hashim Thaci rolls his eyes and smiles as the power blinks off for the second time in his office in downtown Pristina, the .
News & Articles
- Cedar Hills resident opens book cache to community
CEDAR HILLS -- Judy Arnold pulled the burgundy ribbon untying the bow and opening the door to her Little Free Library at her home, 9991 N. Mulberry Drive.
June 16, 2013 - Provo Daily Herald
- Every burglar's dream: Bank door left unlocked
When Ruth Stewart got to the teller's desk at First Tennessee Bank, all she saw was a burgundy sweater draped over an empty chair. So she waited. And waited.
June 16, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Romanee-Conti Leads Christie's Sale With Petrus, Latour
A case of Romanee-Conti 1988 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Burgundy fetched 81,900 pounds ($128,000) at a Christie’s International Plc wine sale in London this month as Chateau Petrus and Chateau Latour led the bidding for Bordeaux.
June 15, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Janet Jackson in Reuters UK
You will see a lot of satin and lace combined and rich colors such as burgundy and beige, silver and peach as well as your classic black and white,Jackson said in a statement. "It makes you feel incredible and offers variety as diverse as...
- Ben Stiller in CANOE
In a cryptic message on his Twitter.com page, Stiller writes, "Ron Burgundy and Derek Zoolander looking to appear in sequels. Both men destitute, without means or intellect to fund their own comebacks."
- Stephen Harper in Malaysia Star
Oscar Peterson rose from humble roots in Montreal's Little Burgundy to storm the very heights of the music world,Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said.