bur : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n seed vessel having hooks or prickles
- n small bit used in dentistry or surgery
- v remove the burrs from
- At one afternoon-long meeting of the chiefs of the 21 largest cities, says San Francisco Chief Thom as Cahill, "we never mentioned bur glary, robbery, organized crime or any thing .
- The bur holes permit passage of a leucotome, or lobotomy cannula, a hollow needle through which a loop of wire can be slipped.
- One cocklebur, three-fourths of an inch long, skidded along his tongue, down his throat; lodged in his right lung.
News & Articles
- World’s oldest Jewish person dies at age 113
NEW YORK—The world’s oldest Jewish person, Evelyn Kozak, whose family fled Russia to escape anti-Semitism in the 1880s, has died at age 113. Kozak died Tuesday after suffering a heart attack the day before, her granddaughter Brucha Weisberger said. She was bur...
June 15, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- Fitch Affirms Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Auth (CA) System Revs at 'A+'; Outlook Negative
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitch Ratings has affirmed Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority's (BUR) approximately $135.7 million of outstanding airport system revenue bonds at 'A+'. The Rating Outlook on all bonds is revised to Negative from Stable. The Negative Outlook reflects concerns that coverage ratio trends may continue to weaken as a result of a combination of increasing operating ...
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire
- Burcon Advances Commercial Roll-Out of Peazazz Pea Protein by Signing MTAs With Potential Partners and Customers
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Burcon NutraScience Corporation , a leader in functional, renewable plant proteins, has signed material transfer agreements (MTAs) with a variety of parties interested in ...
June 13, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Nicolas Mahut in Sunday People
Mahut said: "He's just a champ, we had to fight like we never did before. I mean, it's amazing, the crowd is just fantastic. Everyone wants to see the end, bur we'll have to come back."
- Sharif Sheik Ahmed in BBC News
Heavily armed Ethiopian troops have invaded Somalia,said Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, seen as a moderate within the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC). "They have captured Bur Haqaba. History shows that Somalis always win when they are attacked...
- Bennie Thompson in HSToday
While the BUR provides more context for how DHS intends to execute is missions, it is not the 'deep dive' that Congress was promised,Thompson said. "DHS was created so swiftly that not enough thought was given to how best to address the...