- n a projectile that is fired from a gun
- n a high-speed passenger train
- n (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity
- TAKING A STAND: Butterly survived a bullet in the West Bank; now she's on a hunger strike for peace.
- Bush Administration has dodged another electoral bullet south of the border, but only by the narrowest of margins.
- MICHEL KRAKOWSKI AFP Getty But the bullet-train idea is back, as it is throughout the rest of the country, thanks to $13 billion for high-speed rail (HSR) that was tucked into .
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
This was a screw-up that could have been disastrous,Obama told the officials, White House officials said later. "We dodged a bullet, but just barely. It was averted by brave individuals, not because the system worked -- and that is not...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Daily News
Part of the reason we were in the C-17 is because part of it is armored,Clinton said. "I was moved up into the cockpit. Everyone else was told to sit on their bullet proof vests. We came in in an evasive maneuver. Those of you who have...
- Sherry Rehman in 940 News
We disagree with the finding on the cause of the death,said Sherry Rehman, spokeswoman for the Pakistan Peoples Party, who escorted Bhutto to the hospital after the attack. "She died from a bullet injury, this was and is our position."