- n a sum of money allocated for a particular purpose
the laboratory runs on a budget of a million a year
- n a summary of intended expenditures along with proposals for how to meet them
the president submitted the annual budget to Congress
- v make a budget
- It would help to have a budget, but state legislators have been at an impasse for weeks, haggling over various proposals and weighing their political consequences.
- The budget resolution is written at a high-level generality, and what it needs to do is take that bottom line, which is what it did.
- The President's budget is filled with cuts, but some (as usual) are illusory.
News & Articles
- Budget goes to Walker
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin state budget that would cut income taxes for all taxpayers, allow private school vouchers to expand statewide and freeze tuition at the University of Wisconsin is now in the hands of Gov. Scott Walker.
June 21, 2013 - Beloit Daily News
- Budget would save RI's lead poisoning prevention program
Budget would save RI's lead poisoning prevention program
June 20, 2013 - The Providence Journal
- Budget Battle: Dems Bow to Republicans
The budget battle wages on in Madison. Did Assembly democrats back-down to republicans or is it all part of a larger plan?
June 20, 2013 - NBC26 Green Bay
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
This budget is inseparable from this recovery because it is what lays the foundation for a secure and lasting prosperity,Obama said.
- Ben Bernanke in New York Times
The arithmetic is, unfortunately, quite clear,Mr. Bernanke said. "To avoid large and unsustainable budget deficits, the nation will ultimately have to choose among higher taxes, modifications to entitlement programs such as Social Security...
- John Kerry in TIME (blog)
Today, the Congressional Budget Office has sent Congress a powerful message: our comprehensive energy and climate bill will slash America's deficit by over $19 billion,said Sens. Kerry and Lieberman. "There is no more room for excuses -...