browser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a viewer who looks around casually without seeking anything in particular
- n a program used to view HTML documents
- Scott Barbour Getty Images A new superpower just entered the long-simmering browser war: today, after years of secret work, Google, the world's most popular search engine, will .
- You need to upgrade your web browser.
- But five months ago, a new browser, Firefox, managed by a nonprofit foundation headed by Mitchell Baker, began gaining ground.
News & Articles
- This Wacky Web Browser Works Like a Ouija Board
Jonas Lund built a browser that allows people around the world to surf the internet together in one window.
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Google Calls Time on Its Microsoft Browser
Google is retiring its Microsoft browser. More than three and half years have passed since Google took the bold step of offering a software "plug-in" that could equip Microsoft's Internet Explorer browsers with the engine at the heart of Google's very own Chrome browser -- a kind of escape hatch for people stuck with the slow, insecure, and limited engines offered by aging browsers like Internet ...
June 13, 2013 - Wired News
- NEWS: Browser Based Miiverse Adds More Social Networking Features
Now you can share Miiverse posts on Twitter and Facebook. The browser based version of Miiverse has added more social networking functions. Users can now share Miiverse posts directly through Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Tumblr. This feature has not been added to the Wii U version of Miiverse, and there has been no word on whether or not it would be added. read more...
June 12, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- Larry Page in FOXNews
You only have 24 hours a day and we would like you to do more searches,Google's other co-founder, Larry Page, said at the unveiling. "If the browser runs well, then you will do more searches."
- Eric Schmidt in Computerworld
Indeed, Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said in a statement that Google Gears is "tackling a key limitation of the browser in order to make it a stronger platform for deploying all types of applications and enabling a better user experience in the...
- Tim Cahill in GiveMeFootball.com
He added: "I'm lucky I've got a great relationship with David MoyesYour browser may not support display of this image. and the players and the whole staff. It's all about being sensible. I'm lucky I've got the right people to talk to and assess that...