- n a sword with a broad blade and (usually) two cutting edges; used to cut rather than stab
- This time he used his broadsword.
- Carols in public, showed a 15th Century broadsword.
- And there are moments when Hero Heston looks as though he needs a derrick to help him with that broadsword.
News & Articles
- Awesome fire-breathing dragon is world's largest walking robot
What would Bilbo say? Fire-breathing dragon Tradinno loves the spotlight. (Credit: Guinness World Records) Broadsword? Check. Shield? Check. Liquid courage? Gulp! OK, you're ready to take on the dragon. At nearly 30 feet high, this fire-breathing monster looks unreal enough, but it's very real indeed. It's also the world's largest walking robot, according to the new " Guinness World Records 2014 ...
Sept. 12, 2013 - CNET
- This Guy Fought in WWII With a Sword and Bow
Running into battle armed with a broadsword, bow, and quiver of arrows was perfectly acceptable if you were fighting in the Hundred Years’ War or fending off some orcs on Middle Earth. But when it comes to World War II, such medieval weaponry looks like child’s play next to the technology of the time. A sword isn’t the most likely of defences against rifles and tanks. However, for John Malcolm ...
Sept. 12, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Richard Burton in BBC Sport
He has made a number of statements relative to intelligence matters, many in the past year, that are in fact highly partisan, and display a willingness on his part to use intelligence issues as a political broadsword against members of the... Jay Rockefeller http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rockefeller&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGmR3961vt6akPVzFPUwHkHyNIRXA ì¡°ì„ ì¼ë³´(ì˜ë¬¸íŒ) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200409/200409230049.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFt9DDWK2y8jp7wfkwJmOFaj0S6Ag Sep 23, 2004
12922 17564 broadsword I passed it on the train the other day and could almost hear Burton saying Broadsword calling Danny boy" as he radioed back to base.
- Christopher Gorham in Chicago Tribune
Walter wields that [store] discount like a broadsword,Gorham says, laughing.