britches : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n informal term for breeches
- It may take a few episodes for fan favorites to emerge from the crowd, but so far Runway doesn't seem too big for its size-0 britches.
- Says Carrick Patterson, former editor of the Arkansas Gazette: "They thought he had gotten too big for his britches.
- He pulled on his britches and ran for the street.
News & Articles
- Area riders among winners at PRS rodeo in Belle Fourche
T.J. Schmidt of Belle Fourche won the steer riding competition for juniors in the Professional Rough Stock Belle Fourche Classic Friday night on the historic Roundup Grounds in Belle Fourche. The young rider is planning for the Little Britches National Finals Rodeo this year.
June 10, 2013 - Tri-State Neighbor
- Mike Huckabee in Washington Post
While the leading candidates preached the virtues of free trade, Huckabee said that Republicans have to address the dislocations caused by imports or "we're going to get our britches beat next year."
- Haley Barbour in FOXNews
I will say, sometimes I'm scared, too,Barbour said during a briefing in Jackson, Miss. "But we are going to hitch up our britches. We're going to get this done."
- Matt Holliday in International Herald Tribune
Well, I think we do a good job of keeping each other in check,Holliday said. "No one's off limits to be made fun of or teased or any of that. So, we try to make sure nobody feels like they're too big for their britches."