- n capital and largest city of Queensland state; located in the southeastern corner of Queensland on the Pacific; settled by British as a penal colony; 3rd largest city in Australia
News & Articles
- Rugby-Lions centre Roberts 'grave doubt' for first test
* Roberts, Bowe unlikely to be fit for test * North a "good chance" for Brisbane (adds more detail, quotes) By Nick Mulvenney SYDNEY, June 17 (Reuters) - British and Irish Lions centre Jamie Roberts is a 'grave doubt' for Saturday's first test against Australia because of a hamstring strain, team doctor James Robson said on Monday. There was better news about the hamstring injury to Welsh winger ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Man who threatened Brisbane cop sentenced to 16 months in jail
REDWOOD CITY - A Burlingame man who left numerous threatening voicemails for a Brisbane police officer following his arrest on misdemeanor drunk driving charges last year was sentenced to more than a year in prison on Thursday, San Mateo County prosecutors said.
June 15, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- InterMune Announces Publication of Pricing and Reimbursement Conditions for Esbriet® (pirfenidone) in Italy
BRISBANE, Calif., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- InterMune, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITMN) today announced that the Board of the Italian Drug Agency (AIFA) has approved the pricing and reimbursement conditions for ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Darren Lockyer in Fox Sports
We're looking at kick-starting talks with Brisbane immediately and we'll see where that takes us,Lockyer said. "I'll talk to Brisbane first but I'll also sound out England. It does have appeal to both (wife) Loren and me, to do something...
- Lote Tuqiri in Stuff.co.nz
Matt was on fire in the Brisbane test,Tuqiri said. "Everything he did, he did really well. He is coming into his own now. He is already a world-class footballer, but is now maturing into someone on the top tier. Physically, he is getting...
- John Quiggin in Brisbane Times
It is a substantial problem for a council with a limited tax base undertaking works on the scale that are necessary and that reflects the unique status of Brisbane City Council as the largest council in Australia,Professor Quiggin said....