- n a region marking a boundary
- n the edge of a steep place
- n the limit beyond which something happens or changes
on the brink of bankruptcy
News & Articles
- South Korea on brink of World Cup after beating Uzbekistan
South Korea is on the brink of qualifying for the World Cup after defeating Uzbekistan 1-0 thanks to a first-half own goal from Akmal Shorakhmedov.
June 11, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- South Korea on Brink of World Cup Qualification
South Korea are on the brink of making another World Cup finals appearance after scraping a 1-0 victory over Uzbekistan in a top-of-the-table qualifying clash in rainy Seoul on Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- SKorea on brink of World Cup qualification
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- South Korea is on the brink of qualifying for the World Cup after defeating Uzbekistan 1-0 thanks to a first-half own goal.
June 11, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
It's safe to say we have stepped back from the brink,Obama told a fundraiser in Beverly Hills. "There is some calm that didn't exist before."
- Max Baucus in Economic Times
Max Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and a Montana Democrat, said he supported Bernanke because his decisions "brought us back from the brink of economic disaster."