- n the location of a visual perception along a continuum from black to white
- n intelligence as manifested in being quick and witty
- n the quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light
- Spielberg once told me that his master image was the light flooding in through the doorway in Close Encounters, suggesting, simultaneously, a brightness and mystery outside.
- But the level of brightness also signaled that this supernova was shining when the expansion of the cosmos was still slowing down.
- Set to "normal" brightness (there's also a "low" and a "high"), it's supposed to run for two hours.
News & Articles
- GE Lighting Sees Brighter Future With LED Growth
The rapid development in LED lighting technology over the last few years has changed the dynamics of the global lighting market. Improved brightness, lower energy consumption and longer life spans offered by LED lights have led industrial, commercial and even residential consumers to increasingly adopt LED lights.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Bill Beck of Laser Light Engines Named New Chairman of LIPA
Laser Light Engines, Inc., , a leader in laser illumination for high-brightness digital cinema and performance projection, announced that its founder and executive VP, Bill Beck, has been elected chairman ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- iOS 7 to include Control Center for quick-access settings
For many iOS users, one of the most sought after features has been a quick access panel for common settings, much like what they've seen in other platforms. They'll have it -- iOS 7 is introducing Control Center for just that purpose. A swipe up from the screen bottom now lets users change wireless modes, Do Not Disturb, screen brightness and music playback from wherever they happen to be in the ...
June 10, 2013 - Engadget
- Walter Smith in ABC Online
We have had to ask an awful lot of them season and you could see even today they have lost a little bit of the brightness they had in the early part of the season,Smith said. "They have been fantastic and from that point of view, plus the...
- Christopher Nolan in Purple Revolver (blog)
The award winning director added: "You're not that aware of it because once you're 'in that world', your eye compensates, but having struggled for years to get theatres get up to the proper brightness, we're not sticking polarised filters in...
- Steve Squyres in USA Today
To give you a sense of the 'thickness' of the dust, the brightness of the sun as viewed from the surface is now down to less than 5 percent of what it would be with a perfectly transparent atmosphere,said Steve Squyres of Cornell University,...