- n a craftsman skilled in building with bricks
- The bricklayer, the two clerks, the telephone instructress, the electrician, the tire repair man, the auto salesman, the baker's delivery man, the floor walker, the ice .
- His father was a bricklayer.
- His parents divorced before he reached school age, and it was his father--a bricklayer and farmer--who raised him.
News & Articles
- Imagine That: In which direction did the Fickle Finger of Fate point you?
Mark Twain created a character called Absalom Jones, "the greatest military genius our world ever produced." Absalom was a Massachusetts bricklayer who tried to enlist in the Continental Army as a private more than once, but was rejected because he’d lost both thumbs in an accident. Mark Twain implied he otherwise would have swiftly risen in rank and gone on to defeat the British to end the ...
July 17, 2013 - The Record
- John McCain in KXMC
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) John McCain says he's campaigning "on behalf of Joe the Plumber and Rose the Teacher and Phil the Bricklayer and Wendy the Waitress."
- Jerry Rice in Tahoe Daily Tribune
My father was a bricklayer, and he'd take me to work with him during the summer. He taught me the meaning of hard work and dedication,Rice said. "There is nothing where I look back on my career and wondered what if I had done this. I left...
- Mark Loane in TVNZ
They are doing a peculiar thing of trying to protect their players from playing too much rugby, it's a very, very strange thing,Loane said. "If you are going to be a very good bricklayer, you need to lay bricks, if you're going to be a...