- n rectangular block of clay baked by the sun or in a kiln; used as a building or paving material
- n a good fellow; helpful and trustworthy
- Nik Smith, a photo-supply manager, recalls how he once lived overlooking a brick alley near Chicago's downtown Loop.
- The colorful bricks have littered playroom floors for generations of families.
- Police said they had rescued more than 500 people from forced labor in brick kilns, where they were worked 18 hours a day and beaten if they tried to escape.
News & Articles
- Brick facade of building buckles
POTRLAND (AP) — A section of one of Portland’s busiest streets is closed after the brick facade of a downtown building pulled away from the main structure and bulged out. Authorities say High Street between Congress and Deering streets will remain closed until today. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Times Record
- Brick Marketing Listed as a Top SEO Company on Several Award Lists
Brick Marketing has been recognized as a top 10 SEO firm by two prestigious organizations. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/top-seo/company/prweb10810482.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- 2 Brick men killed when car strikes tree, police say
BRICK — A car ripped in two after hitting a tree, killing two township men and leaving a bicyclist nearby with leg injuries, according to police.
June 10, 2013 - MyCentralJersey.com
- Zahi Hawass in USA Today
It doesn't look great because it was built from mud brick and not built of limestone, but I really believe that this tomb is very important,said Hawass, who was wearing his Indiana Jones-style hat. "This type of tomb could enrich our...
- Oprah Winfrey in San Diego Union Tribune
Winfrey said she chose "every brick tile, sheet and spoon," because "if you are surrounded by beautiful things and wonderful teachers who inspire you, that beauty brings out the beauty in you."
- Dwight Eisenhower in Sabbah Report (blog)
In a 1953 speech, President Dwight Eisenhower noted, "The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully...