- a not breathing or able to breathe except with difficulty
breathless at thought of what I had done
breathless from running
followed the match with breathless interest
- s tending to cause suspension of regular breathing
a breathless flight
- s appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse
- The release of Life with My Sister Madonna the breathless tell-all from the Material Girl's brother, Christopher Ciccone, with writer Wendy Leigh couldn't have been more .
- Her breathless pace made my own 30 questions and 486 points seem pretty lame, but I did take a small measure of pride in knowing that my best post Do you ever think about the .
- From their breathless accounts a satyr rises, mythic, Gargantuan, and fatally easy to parody.
News & Articles
- Hill’s distr@ct act
Did you hear the big news? Hillary’s on Twitter. Yep, she went live at noon Monday, making jokes about her hair and pantsuits and, according to one breathless report, “fueling speculation” that she’ll run for president by saying her future job is “TBD”— to be determined. Bill and...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Dissecting Belichick on Tebow
Well, we were waiting to hear Bill Belichick’s thoughts about his new quarterback. On Tuesday morning, the Patriots coach took to the podium and was peppered with questions from a breathless media throng at the team facility.
June 11, 2013 - MSN
- Some shrug at NSA snooping: Privacy's dead
A series of revelations about the National Security Agency's surveillance programs sparked outrage among many this week, including the expected groups like civil liberties activists and libertarians. But there seems to be a gap between the breathless anger unfolding online on news sites and Twitter, and other people who think it's just not that big a deal.
June 10, 2013 - CNN
- John McCain in New York Times
This week, the presidential contest was a long-distance affair, with my opponent touring various continents and arriving yesterday in Paris,Mr. McCain said. "With all the breathless coverage from abroad, and with Senator Obama now...
- Richard Lugar in Los Angeles Times
Not known for overstatement, Lugar called the joint declaration "almost breathless in its optimism and scope."
- Joel Zumaya in MLB.com
I was breathless,Zumaya said. "I cried in front of 40,000 people. It's pretty weak, but I mean, I was in a lot of pain and I felt like I just had no one on my side. But when these people got up on their feet and started cheering, they knew...