breathing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the bodily process of inhalation and exhalation; the process of taking in oxygen from inhaled air and releasing carbon dioxide by exhalation
- v draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs
- v be alive
- v impart as if by breathing
- v allow the passage of air through
- v utter or tell
- v manifest or evince
- v take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
- v reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked
- v expel (gases or odors)
- a passing or able to pass air in and out of the lungs normally; sometimes used in combination
the boy was disappointed to find only skeletons instead of living breathing dinosaurs
the heavy-breathing person on the telephone
- When my breathing cleared up, so did the snoring.
- But a buzz has developed around one particular breathing master whose exercises, his followers believe, can not only cure cancer and turn white hair black again, but also provide .
- He went a record-breaking 17 minutes without breathing, thanks to intensive training, stamina and some lucky human evolution.
News & Articles
- American Sleep And Breathing Academy, Pro Player Health Alliance and The Living Heart Foundation Find Ways to Improve ...
David Gergen, the executive director for the American Sleep and Breathing Academy who founded Pro Player Health Alliance and owns Gergen's Orthodontic Lab, is continuing to assemble the best team to promote overall health. (PRWeb June 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10839247.htm
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- 911 Briefs -- Published June 17, 2013
STOCKTON - A 27-year-old man stopped breathing and was rushed to a hospital to undergo emergency surgery after being stabbed late Thursday night in east Stockton, authorities said.
June 17, 2013 - The Stockton Record
- Rockies back Chatwood in 10-5 win over Phillies
DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies gave Tyler Chatwood plenty of breathing room Saturday during his successful return to the rotation. They beat the Philadelphia Phillies 10-5, striking for six runs in the first with seven of their 18 hits and breaking a three-game losing streak.
June 16, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Guillermo del Toro in Washington Post
After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures,said del Toro, who directed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Hellboy."
- Zahi Hawass in Sydney Morning Herald
The humidity and heat caused by ...... people entering the tomb and their breathing will change the mummy to a powder. The only good thing (left) in this mummy is the face. We need to preserve the face,said Hawass, who wore his signature...
- Marie Osmond in Washington Post
Osmond explained on-air that "once in a while that happens to me when I get winded. I stop breathing."