- n one whose earnings are the primary source of support for their dependents
- Men were forced to relinquish sole-breadwinner status for their households to stay afloat.
- When her daughter had a baby and dropped out of college at 18, Dunham got a job at a bank, becoming the family's primary breadwinner.
- He was part of an unconventional family where his mother was the breadwinner and his father was a brooding man whose work life was cut short by mustard gas scarring from World War .
News & Articles
- Delco victims’ families look for answers in deadly Philly building collapse
Being the breadwinner was important to Borbor Davis of Darby Borough, a Liberian immigrant who was among six people — two from Delaware County — killed Wednesday when a building that was being demolished collapsed onto the Salvation Army thrift shop where he worked in Philadelphia.
June 12, 2013 - News of Delaware County
- Record Number of Moms Are Breadwinners, But At What Cost?
A new study by the Pew Research Center says that a record number of American women are now the sole or primary breadwinners in their families: Moms now "keep finances afloat" in 40 percent of households with children, up from just 11 percent in 1960, the study says. Many of these families have single moms at the helm, but Pew also says that a growing number are married mothers who make more than ...
June 12, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Division of assets irks breadwinner - Sat, 08 Jun 2013 PST
Dear Annie: My wife and I are going through a divorce after 23 years of marriage. We just grew apart. We have four children, ages 12 to 21. The problem is, my wife feels I do not deserve any of the marital assets because she was the primary breadwinner. She made a nice income, but it also meant she spent a considerable amount of time away from home. She left the responsibility of raising our ...
June 8, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Najeh Davenport in International Herald Tribune
I took it upon myself to put the offense on my back and carry it,Davenport said. "He's our guy, he's our breadwinner. Not having him, everyone has to pick it up a level."
- Robert McClelland in The Age
If a primary breadwinner loses their job or is injured at work, then children in the relationship will be regarded as dependents for the purpose of accessing entitlements as a dependent,Mr McClelland said.
- David Harris in Kansas City Star
HEMA works in Pennsylvania and it can work nationally. We have a responsibility as a nation to keep families in their homes when the breadwinner is facing foreclosure through no fault of his or her own because of the national economic... Chaka Fattah http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaka_Fattah&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHATSJqHXt_XpHLI_Wu6hcU149DaQ PR Newswire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/on-heels-of-mortgage-fraud-crackdown-urban-caucus-chair-applauds-colleagues-for-mortgage-reform-initiatives-96663014.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFzB-psFWsPz8Y8ruWPUtTQp3tmqw Jun 18, 2010
12468 17103 break-dance For a guy to be 6-6, 330, he can move pretty well," said Michigan linebacker David Harris. "I've seen him break-dance. He can move for a pretty big guy."