- n a railroad employee responsible for a train's brakes
- Jimmie Rodgers, brakeman on the Southern Railway at Meridian, Miss.
- There is a brakeman (to bob, check skids and bring the sled to a stop at the run's end) and two men sandwiched between brakeman and driver (for ballast as well as bobbing).
- His brakeman was thrown free, broke only one leg.
News & Articles
- Last Earth's Bounty of season today
The last chance to stock up on fresh produce and homemade products this year at Earth's Bounty happens today at Singing Brakeman Park in downtown Meridian.
Oct. 5, 2013 - The Meridian Star
- Heather Moyse in CBC.ca
I guess the final say [about brakemen] is the coaches, but the final say also includes the view of the driver,Moyse said. "So, if the driver is just not meshing well with the brakeman outside of pushing, they may not push together because...
- Shauna Rohbock in Comcast SportsNet
I always wanted to be a driver from the beginning,Rohbock said. "I didn't like being a brakeman because I like to be in control."
- Pierre Lueders in CTV.ca
You talk about chances and that's a word that for me and especially for Lascelles Brown, my brakeman, we've been given a chance to compete together,Lueders said Thursday during a conference call from St. Moritz, Switzerland. "Just the fact...