- n an adult with a short broad head
- a having a short broad head with a cephalic index of over 80
- Many a scientist promptly divided Europeans into: 1) the "superior" dolicho cephalic northern and Mediterranean races, and 2) the "inferior" brachycephalic or mesocephalic .
- The brachycephalic include Borreby and Alpine types, relatively little changed since the Stone Age, and Binaries, a Mediterranean importation of narrow-nosed roundheads.
- Some archeologists believe the tall, husky, brachycephalic (roundheaded) Beaker people came into Europe from the steppes of southern Russia, where burials resembling the Beaker .