- n a spar projecting from the bow of a vessel
- Yachtsmen remember the Westward, once the largest yacht in British waters, Hatry's dives from her bowsprit, his remark: "Swimming is the only sport that I, personally, enjoy.
- Last week the British Navy rode the Mediterranean and the Italian Navy was afraid to poke a bowsprit out of port.
- The gimlet stare, the laconic speech, the cigar stub jutting like a bowsprit from the face, the seafaring background and fo'c'sle oaths, the muscular armall are there.
News & Articles
- Michigan: Beam Raised for Clues to Origin
Scientists who combed the bottom of Lake Michigan last week for the wreck of the Griffin have retrieved a beam that could be the bowsprit.
June 26, 2013 - New York Times