bowling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game in which balls are rolled at an object or group of objects with the aim of knocking them over or moving them
- n (cricket) the act of delivering a cricket ball to the batsman
- n the playing of a game of tenpins or duckpins etc
- v roll (a ball)
- v hurl a cricket ball from one end of the pitch towards the batsman at the other end
- v engage in the sport of bowling
- Wii Sportsa mini-sports anthology that includes golf, boxing, tennis, baseball and bowlinglooks like Colecovision.
- Don Carter is the Warren Spahn of bowling: he is a cautious, accurate pitcher, not an overpowering speedballer.
- Not many people can watch a bowling match.
News & Articles
- Bowling Green hires Chris Kingston as new AD
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) — Bowling Green has hired Chris Kingston as its new athletic director. Kingston will be introduced at a Monday news conference on campus.
June 14, 2013 - The East Liverpool Review
- Bowling the night away: Strikz provides free bowling for children
Strikz Bowling Entertainment Center hosts several events during the year, including an Easter event. This summer, children ages 15 and younger will be able to bowl two games for free each day until Sept. 15. Photo courtesy of Strikz.
June 14, 2013 - The Frisco Enterprise
- Bowling leaves band director position to head south
Berlin High School band director Mark Bowling won’t be returning next year to teach music -- he’s packing up and moving to Tennessee.
June 14, 2013 - The Berlin Citizen
- Geoff Miller in BBC Sport
Steve has been bowling well for Durham this season and his inclusion in the Test squad gives us another option in terms of our bowling attack for the Edgbaston Test,said national selector Geoff Miller.
- Stuart MacGill in Sydney Morning Herald
When I was injured at the start of last summer I spent a great deal of time thinking about what cricket meant to me,MacGill said in a statement. "One of the treats for a bowler playing Test cricket is that you have a champion bowling up...
- Adil Rashid in New Zealand Herald
It has been good. I have worked with him since I was 15,Rashid said. "I've been to see him twice in Australia to work on my bowling and he has been a big influence on my development."