- n domination of a political organization by a party boss
- In his inaugural address last week, he sounded more liberal than the Liberals, promising to end "feudalism, absentee-landlordism and bossism," and declaring that the time had come .
- The Democratic record stems from ex-Boss Frank Hague and is deeply scarred by bossism and unbridled corruptionbut this time the Democrats have been successful in wrapping .
- Fact was that the labor bossism issue was a sleeper and much of the whistling was in the dark.
- Andy Stern in MarketWatch
Our members understand that in an age concentrating wealth and globalizing corporate ownership, we have to organize ourselves on a scale to compete and win. That means declaring the era of old local bossism is over,Stern said.
- Al Sharpton in CNN
No Democrat should shut up,Sharpton said. "The idea that people should not run is 'boss-ism.' ...... I know that Governor Dean and Al Gore love the Internet -- www.bossism doesn't work on my computer."
- Paul Jacob in San Diego Union Tribune
It'd be devastating to the present system,said Paul Jacob of US Term Limits. "The leadership does not rule with an iron fist any more in term-limited legislatures. It's eliminated bossism."