- n a mountainous republic of south-central Europe; formerly part of the Ottoman Empire and then a part of Yugoslavia; voted for independence in 1992 but the mostly Serbian army of Yugoslavia refused to accept the vote and began ethnic cleansing in order to rid Bosnia of its Croats and Muslims
News & Articles
- UN to Bosnia: Do more for wartime rape victims
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — The U.N. is urging authorities in Bosnia to form a truth and reconciliation commission that would make the country face up to the mass rapes that occurred during the 1992-95 war involving Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks.
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- UN to Bosnia: Do more for wartime rape victims - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - The U.N. is urging authorities in Bosnia to form a truth and reconciliation commission that would make the country face up to the mass rapes that occurred during the 1992-95 war involving Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks.
June 14, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Bosnian Serb students stage anti-govt protest
BANJA LUKA, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Students marched through the main Bosnian Serb city of Banja Luka on Wednesday, demanding that the regional government build a promised university dorm, lower the price of education and clean up corruption and organized crime.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Peter MacKay in Toronto Sun
I stand here before you not to defend the mere mortal that I am but to defend the greatness of a small nation in Bosnia-Herzegovina, which for 500 years has had to suffer and has demonstrated a great deal of modesty and perseverance to survive in... Radovan Karadzic http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karad%C5%BEi%C4%87&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFiig1aRP_GFpnlG-AWANAdv8liMA Times Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7045059.ece&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHc2V0hKAmUJXhLQGylqEhv8JhuJQ Mar 1, 2010
11838 16305 bosnia-herzegovina This is a proud day for both Canada and Bosnia-Herzegovina," said Defence Minister Peter MacKay in a news statement released Monday. "Over the last two decades, Canadians have worked with the government of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and our UN and...
- President Bush in Tamworth Northern Daily Leader
Today I reiterate America's commitment to the NATO aspirations of Ukraine, Georgia, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Montenegro,Mr Bush said as he signed NATO accession protocols for Albania and Croatia, bringing them one step closer to membership.