- n one of the administrative divisions of a large city
- n an English town that forms the constituency of a member of parliament
- Sixteen of the borough's 84 surveillance cameras have been wired for sound, making London's first video monitoring network with a broadcasting capacity.
- A New York City plan to test a borough's entire adult population for HIV is meeting resistance from health workers.
- Emmons described the new borough policy as 'a very good one.
- Michael Bloomberg in Washington Post
Bloomberg, however, said in June that he hoped the experiment "will become as much a part of the New York experience as strolling the Coney Island boardwalk, participating in the five-borough bike tour, or listening to the Philharmonic in the park."
- Scott Stringer in International Herald Tribune
A year later I can now tell you that because we spoke up, because we had enough, and because we were not going to tolerate the senseless loss of life in this borough, we came together and demanded action from the city,said Manhattan Borough...