boron : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a trivalent metalloid element; occurs both in a hard black crystal and in the form of a yellow or brown powder
- Boron is also being carefully researched for use in new plastics with high-temperature melting point, in atomic energy (since they absorb neutrons, some boron compounds can be .
- A boron-carbon-hydrogen compound would not be quite so powerful as a straight boron hydride, but it might be a pleasanter playmate.
- The first group of 20 B-70s with boron afterburners would have cost $3.
News & Articles
- Engineered Coating can be applied to any metallic substrate.
Available for samples/prototypes and part sizes that fit inside 32 in. cube., Boron Nitride Electroless Nickel (BNEN) plating service provides hardness and lubricity. Composite plating process, able to achieve demanding tolerances (.00005–.002 in. thicknesses), suits parts fabricated from aluminum, copper, brass, magnesium, stainless steel, and steel. Coefficient of friction, ability to ...
June 19, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Micronutrient Market by Type, Form, Application Mode, Crop Type and Geography - Global Trends and Forecast to 2017
DUBLIN, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xbgtlz/micronutrient) has announced the addition of the "Micronutrient Market by Type (Zinc, Manganese, Boron, Copper, Molybdenum, Iron), Form (Chelated & Non-Chelated), Application...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire
- SOCMA Member, Small Business Owner Testifies on Impact of TSCA on Specialty Chemical Industry
WASHINGTON, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Boron Specialties President and Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) member Beth D. Bosley today testified before Congress that any changes to the nation's chemical control law must provide adequate protection of trade secrets and promote innovation while protecting human health and the environment. ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- David Perry in PR Newswire (press release)
We are pleased that GlaxoSmithKline, an industry leader in the development and commercialization of anti-infective drugs has acknowledged the potential of our boron-based chemistry for systemic applications,said David Perry, President and...
- Anil Kakodkar in Indian Express
After surplus production of heavy water, we may suffer a problem of plenty in case of Enriched Boron too,Kakodkar said adding, "India has enough Enriched Boron for the Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor that is coming up in Kalpakkam.
- Santiago Ãlvarez in YubaNet
Another element, boron, appears in a cowboy song, Borax Bill, "as boron is obtained from borax, for which there are many important deposits in California", explains Alvarez.