- n 3rd largest island in the world; in the western Pacific to the north of Java; largely covered by dense jungle and rain forest; part of the Malay Archipelago
News & Articles
- Tan’s Borneo Lumbung Agrees to Buy Bumi Plc Stake From Bakries
PT Borneo Lumbung Energi & Metal (BORN) , controlled by Bumi Plc (BUMI) Chairman Samin Tan, agreed to pay $223 million to the Bakrie Group to double Borneo’s stake in the London-traded coal producer.
July 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- A Music Festival Grows In The Rainforest
Staged spectacularly between a beach and a rainforest mountain peak in Malaysian Borneo, the festival grows its local music scene and tourism industry, while also raising consciousness — along with, in this case, some uncomfortable questions — about its environmental stewardship.
July 9, 2013 - NPR
- Malam Sambat Kaban in Antara
The goal is to keep the Borneo natural heritage for the benefit of present and future generations and to fully respect sovereignty over each other`s territorial borders without prejudice,Minister MS Kaban said.
- Amory Lovins in Aspen Times
Applied hope is the theme of the RMI - as opposed to theoretical hope or mere glandular optimism,Lovins said. "Times are really desperate for people and orangutans in Borneo. But there's also some hope."