- n a support placed at the end of a row of books to keep them upright (on a shelf or table)
- It is a bookend to the story of a great beauty, the kind that, along with an irresistible purity, entranced an incorrigible seducer named Valmont two decades ago, as well as a .
- The original story and the Broadway show both have their fascinations, but they'd be of only minor interest if they didn't bookend the movie.
- The SEVEN SOLDIERS saga comprises seven 4-issue miniseries and two bookend Specials - all which may be read independently but combine to tell a colossal 30-part tale, starring .
- Jon Bon Jovi in Reuters
We've gotten the chance to bookend what is the most successful tour in the world this year with a free concert for anyone in New York,frontman Jon Bon Jovi said at a news conference alongside New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and other...
- Bun B in MTV.com
This will be a good bookend to the legacy of myself and Pimp,Bun said. "And definitely take not just the group, but Pimp C, to true legend and iconic status."
- Roger Clemens in San Francisco Chronicle
It'll be fun,Clemens said. "But he'd be the first to tell you that if he was with anybody else or if I really felt deep down that I needed to bookend my career in Boston or go back to the guys in New York, he would've encouraged that."