- n an ignorant or foolish person
- n small tropical gannet having a bright bill or bright feet or both
- Tucked away in the fine print of the House budget bill are a number of concealed cuts, bargaining chips, boondoggles and other booby traps that some Congressmen did not even know .
- Along with this now familiar general warning, the FBI has introduced the specter of a new terrorism threat: booby-trapped beer coolers.
- Everybody expected booby traps or mines.
News & Articles
- Police up presence in Sandy-damaged sections of NY
NEW YORK (AP) - Police have increased their presence in New York City neighborhoods still struggling with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. The Staten Island Advance ( http://bit.ly/12Qeo2C ) says break-ins left some residents on the island so frustrated and angry that they'd talked of setting booby traps and administering vigilante justice.
June 17, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Explosion hits military airport in Damascus: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - A huge explosion shook the Mezze military airport on the western edge of Damascus on Sunday, and ambulances were seen heading to the compound, a major base for President Bashar al-Assad's elite forces, activists said. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a monitoring group based in Britain with a network of observers in Syria, said it appeared that a booby-trapped car had ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Muqtada al-Sadr in USA Today
Using typical rhetoric to refer to US forces, al-Sadr said the government should "protect the Iraqi people from the booby traps and American militias" and "demand the withdrawal of the occupier or a schedule for its withdrawal from our holy...
- Megan Fox in Twirlit
In a statement Fox said, "I had booby stickers on. If I'd been actually topless, I would have sued someone: I know who, and I never did anything about it. It's her karma to deal with, not mine."
- Ayad Allawi in USA Today
...a statement soon after the attack, Allawi said Iraqi forces provided the intelligence for the location of the al-Zarqawi safehouse so the strike could "terminate those terrorists, whose booby-trapped cars and explosive belts have harvested...