bonaparte : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)
News & Articles
- US cutting back on hot chow for troops
Napoleon Bonaparte is credited with the battlefield adage: "An Army moves on its stomach." That, of course, means there's nothing like good chow.
June 21, 2013 - WKBT La Crosse
- Pentagon trying to scale down number of contractors needed to cook, serve
Napoleon Bonaparte is credited with the battlefield adage: "An Army moves on its stomach." That, of course, means there's nothing like good chow. For the thousands of U.S. troops who will fight in Afghanistan for another 17 months, it is not just the quality of the food they have to consider.
June 21, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- This week in history: Napoleon defeated at Waterloo
On June 18, 1815, Napoleon Bonaparte attacked the British/Dutch/German army of the Duke of Wellington at Waterloo, Belgium....
June 19, 2013 - Deseret News
- Gerard Mestrallet in Business Spectator (registration)
The partnership and Bonaparte Basin development is a key priority for GDF SUEZ globally. By extending our reach to the Asian market, it allows us to offer a truly global LNG marketing platform to our customers,GDF Chief Executive Gerard...