bolus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small round soft mass (as of chewed food)
- n a large pill; used especially in veterinary medicine
- A recent poll by Hagerty Insurance asked enthusiasts to name the worst car design of all time: This glassine bolus of dorkiness is the pathetic winner.
- The sugar-fed rats, for example, showed the expected uptick in core body temperature at mealtime, corresponding to their anticipation of a bolus of calories that they would need to .
- The market, which had formed a bolus of stalled, honking traffic, was shifted to Rungis, near Orly Airport.
- Ujjal Dosanjh in Globe and Mail
The RCMP commissioner was much less categorical and made "no commitment to implementing holus-bolus (Mr. Kennedy's) recommendations," said Mr. Dosanjh.
- David Bartlett in Tasmania Mercury
My 100 per cent guarantee is that the Government I will lead will accept holus-bolus the [commission's] recommendation on Ralphs Bay,Mr Bartlett said at the time. "And if it shows the project should not go ahead, we will work with our...
- Wayne Swan in Sydney Morning Herald
This holus-bolus importation of a US campaign robot is another dirty trick from the US Republican Party the prime minister is happy to burden Australian voters with,Mr Swan said in a statement. "John Howard's electorate has already...