- n the basic unit of money in Venezuela; equal to 100 centimos
- n Venezuelan statesman who led the revolt of South American colonies against Spanish rule; founded Bolivia in 1825 (1783-1830)
News & Articles
- Bolivar police chief resigns, cites financial reasons
According to the Bolivar Herald-Free Press, police chief Steve Hamilton has resigned for what he says are financial reasons. He also said the move is what's best for his career. BOLIVAR, Mo. - The city of Bolivar is looking for a new police chief today.
June 14, 2013 - KSPR Springfield
- Bolivar man sentenced to six years in prison for tampering, probation violation
A Bolivar was sentenced Wednesday, June 12, to six years in prison after pleading guilty to tampering with a vehicle in the first degree.
June 13, 2013 - Bolivar Herald-Free Press
- Bolivar County fights cancer
Bolivar Countians gathered Friday for the annual Relay For Life event, which celebrates the raising of money for the American Cancer Society. With clear weather conditions for the evening, cancer survivors started Relay by walking the first lap at the Cleveland High School track.
June 13, 2013 - The Bolivar Commercial
- Nancy Pelosi in CBS News
He fancies himself as a modern day Simon Bolivar, but all he is an everyday thug,Pelosi said.
- Hugo ChÃ¡vez in BusinessWeek
We're going to respond strongly against these thieves that are trying to wash their hands now,said ChÃ¡vez in a May 23 speech to supporters. "There's no economic reason for the weakening of the bolivar. It's a huge fraud against the...
- Arthur Waskow in FAIR
As American Rabbi Arthur Waskow, who questioned the charge, told the Associated Press (1/5/06), "I know of no one who accuses the Jews of fighting against Bolivar."