boat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small vessel for travel on water
- n a dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
- v ride in a boat on water
- Kerry insists that the engagement was over when the boats pulled out.
- It's easy to say you wouldn't swift-boat your opponent.
- On a ferry pier in Manhattan a crowd of commuters waiting for the boat that would take them to Staten Island saw a line of small boats come round the curve of the harbor.
News & Articles
- Boat full of immigrants capsizes when border agents intercept it
Boat that set out from Bahamas intercepted in overnight bid to sneak into Palm Beach County A small boat carrying 14 immigrants from the Bahamas to Florida capsized off Palm Beach County after border agents shot at it and boarded the vessel, according to federal court documents.
June 12, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- Boat Builders Foundation awards 23 scholarships
The Dare County Boat Builders Foundation has awarded $40,500 in college scholarships to students from Dare County.
June 12, 2013 - Outer Banks Sentinel
- Vt. boat to cut risk of human waste in Lake Champlain
A new boat entering Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vt. this week may look like a recreational vessel, but it's on a mission. "Champlain's Ark," as it's called, will target pollution in Lake Champlain. The clean water advocates at the non-profit Lake Champlain International describe it as a one-of-a-kind. It will travel the lake pumping raw bathroom waste from holding tanks in other boats, free of ...
June 12, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Julia Gillard in AFP
The purpose would be to ensure that people-smugglers have no product to sell. Arriving by boat would just be a ticket back to the regional processing centre,she told the Lowy Institute think-tank in Sydney.
- Barack Obama in National Review Online (blog)
Obama said: "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you're trying to save for college."
- Tony Blair in Washington Post
There is no doubt at all that these people were taken from a boat in Iraqi waters,Blair said during a European Union meeting in Berlin. "It is simply not true that they went into Iranian territorial waters, and I hope the Iranian...