- s blowing in violent and abrupt bursts
a cold blustery day
- s noisily domineering; tending to browbeat others
- On Comedy Central's The Colbert Report (silent t, both words), he plays a vain, blustery political pundit, and neither politics nor punditry emerges unscathed.
- On a recent blustery night, she and five of her closest girlfriends, dressed in unseasonable short sleeves, downed cocktails and took shots of "buttery nipples," a syrupy blend of .
- He pointed to the blustery island's untapped potential for wind power and the economic benefits of making Samso energy-independent.
News & Articles
- Jim France follows brother as Le Mans' starter
LE MANS, FRANCE (June 22, 2013) -- It was cold and blustery Saturday afternoon, the day's first smattering of rain riding the 30-mph winds as the 24 Hour of Le Mans start neared.
June 22, 2013 - NASCAR.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Wednesday market sprouts at Pybus
Damp, blustery weather didn’t daunt vendors at the debut of the Wednesday Farmers Market at the Pybus Public Market. A nice handful (OK, eight of them) turned out with great-looking fruit, produce, baked goods and handicrafts. Mika and Mariah Mulliken, ages 21 and 17 respectively, were selling bag-loads of huge cherries and ripe apricots that they picked and packed themselves as employees of ...
June 22, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Falling trees knock out power in neighborhood northeast of Fort Collins
Falling trees northeast of Fort Collins cut of power to a nearby neighborhood after strong, blustery winds were observed in the area Friday evening.
June 22, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Will Power in Detroit Free Press
There was a lot of blustery wind out there, and I just got caught out,said Power, a former Champ Car race winner. "I wasn't even up to speed yet, and the car came around on me, sending me into the wall. I just have a few bumps and bruises...
- Tiger Wood in International Herald Tribune
I've been around here, I played under these tough conditions here before,Woods said. "It's been blustery here before."
- Heikki Kovalainen in SI.com
They were quite difficult qualifying conditions, with dark skies and blustery winds,said Kovalainen, whose best was 1 minute 21.049 in the final qualifying round. "But in the second part (of qualifying) it was much better without any...