blurb : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books)
the author got all his friends to write blurbs for his book
- The plodding research that has gone into Amerigo may help clear its hero's name, though it does not answer the question at the head of the publisher's blurb: "What sort of man was .
- A reviewing assignment would be welcome; a request to blurb a fellow author's new book would not go unconsidered.
- To that end, a typical recent night's fare in Budapest kicked off with a blurb on the activities of red-scarfed youth groups.
News & Articles
- Acorn Club has the art of collecting all buttoned up
SOUTHINGTON — Arlene Creswell inherited her grandmother’s button collection at birth, but she didn’t know other button collectors until she saw a blurb in a newspaper about the Acorn Club.
June 15, 2013 - The New Britain Herald
- Is Apple Caving to the iOS 7 Critics?
Despite all this iOS 7 negativity sounding a lot like the initial — eventually meaningless — iPhone 5 nitpicking, Apple might be reconsidering some of its questionable design choices. 9to5Mac's Michael Steeber spotted some icon redesigns on the Apple mobile site, pictured to the right. The regular Apple site does not have the little blurb with the new icons — the ones on the right ...
June 14, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Mark Turgeon at Orioles game, man in RGIII jersey at Rockies game
If the headline isn't descriptive enough, I'm not sure what more this blurb could add. Because really this is just about Mark Turgeon at the Orioles game, and man in an RGIII jersey at the Rockies game.
June 14, 2013 - Washington Post
- Les Murray in The Age
Murray describes and praises his wife's manuscript and, in "a proposal I think eminently fair", says: "If you will read this book and bring it out in print, I will furnish a quality blurb for Mr Murphy's book and give it as good a boost as...
- Nicolas Cage in comic Book Resources
Somebody asked me a question about 'Do you think comic book movies get a bad rap?'Cage said. "And someone mentioned to me that there was a blurb in Entertainment Weekly -- very condescendingly -- 'We get a kick out of watching Academy...
- Gordon Crovitz in IT News Online
I'm delighted to join Blurb's board, and I look forward to advising on its continued success,said Gordon Crovitz. "Blurb's brilliant technological innovations have given everyone the power to become published -- a power that until recently...