- n a viral disease of sheep and cattle that is transmitted by biting midges
- British farms are already struggling to recover from a year of animal pestilence, as livestock have been besieged by foot-and-mouth and bluetongue disease, two other gruesome and .
- He reacted calmly to the June terror attacks in London and Glasgow, and to the August outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease, followed a month later by the bluetongue virus afflicting .
News & Articles
- Hemorrhagic Disease Killing Wyo., Mont., Deer
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Hemorrhagic disease caused by two possible viruses has been killing dozens of white-tailed deer in Wyoming and Montana over the past month. The deer are dying of internal bleeding and tests at the Wyoming State Veterinary Lab in Laramie will determine if epizootic hemorrhagic disease or bluetongue is responsible. Both viruses are endemic, or native, to the region and cause ...
Aug. 15, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Richard Howitt in Buckingham Today
Afterwards Mr Howitt commented: "The control zone may have been a sensible first measure to act quickly to stop bluetongue spreading, but it is preventing our farmers from purchasing cattle and sheep from other parts of the country and using the...
- Gordon Brown in Reuters UK
There are now 11 cases of bluetongue,said Brown on Saturday. "We're taking all the action that is necessary within a protected zone. At the same time we've had seven cases of foot-and-mouth. There have been no new cases for five days and,...
- Patrick Zwaanswijk in Sportal.com.au
I know a lot about Terrigal, North Avoca, Avoca Beach, Wamberal, Gosford. I'm very well informed by Google, I even know which way to drive to Bluetongue Stadium as well,Zwaanswijk said. "We are looking for a nice house, we want to get in...