- n important edible sunfish of eastern and central United States
- The shoebox under my arm contained a tangled reel, a 25 red-and-white bobber and a dozen rusty hooks the remnants of a summer of bluegill fishing with the children.
- I moved to a town of about 300 residents, where I live on 67 acres of land, which includes a barn and a pond teeming with bass and bluegill.
- Out of this laborious screening has come a single compound that kills infant lampreys without hurting rainbow trout or bluegill sunfish.
News & Articles
- Kitsap Time Capsule / A weekly look at the past
Early settlers ran resorts and fishing and hunting lodges. Among them were the Long Lake Hotel (later renamed the Y-Not Lodge) and also the Lake View Hotel. Visitors were attracted to the trout, bass and bluegill found in Long Lake, along with the abundant deer, bears and birds. Long Lake Resort also hosted a rodeo for many years. To see more photos from the Kitsap County Historical Museum ...
June 23, 2013 - The Kitsap Sun
- Iowa DNR releases fishing report
Lake Belva Deer Back to normal. Bluegill — excellent: there are still some active spawning beds where you can catch some nice-sized males, but don't abandon the shallows just because they're not on the beds. Largemouth bass — good: bass fishing is good in shallow around the timber and out deeper around the mounds. Pollmiller Park Lake Channel catfish — good: catfishing has started to pick up ...
June 21, 2013 - Mt. Pleasant News
- Bluegill oblige even when summer turns hot, muggy
Without a doubt, bluegill ounce-for-ounce are one of the fiercest of fighting fish. Nearly every lake, pond or stream has a population of bluegill and are caught by anglers young and old alike.
June 20, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Emperor Akihito in Xinhua
I brought bluegill back from the United States nearly 50 years ago and donated them to a research institute of the Fisheries Agency,said Akihito, whose public remarks are usually ceremonial. "Its cultivation started as there were great...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
Let's just go over to Japan and catch some bluegill. They're delicious. You don't have to get too fancy. The point of bluegill is to eat them. Once we catch the bluegill, we fillet them immediately, flour them up, run them through an egg wash, roll... Richard Mell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Mell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG8jpmNsUxLT4y-oLONZUNgbqbnIw Chicago Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-kassthubluegillnov29,1,2109051.column%3Fcoll%3Dchi_news_local_util&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfd7AWXLq1EwkGMKBUU1QIrODOUw Nov 28, 2007
11093 15428 bluegrass It's not just Kentucky bluegrass that's music to my ears, it's the sound of your overwhelming vote of confidence, even in the face of some pretty tough odds," Clinton told her supporters in Kentucky.