- s characteristic of or befitting a slut or slattern; used especially of women
- Janis was big and blowsy; Patti is a somewhat haunted-looking waif who stands 5 ft.
- Okay, it's true, there were big, blowsy shows I could have done without.
- I used to see old films of hers, and she made a very big impression on me because she was very funny, she was very risqu and she was also very beautiful in a kind of blowsy way.
News & Articles
- State flower: Rhododendron is our prettiest symbol
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Q: What is West Virginias state flower. A: The rhododendron. Correct. Q: What color is it. A: Purple. Wrong. The state flower is often shown as a blowsy purple rhododendron, which is incorrect, according to Doug Jolley, a nativ...
June 16, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Mel Smith in This is London
I love the dysfunctional family at the heart of it,says Smith, "and the fact that Wilbur is really turned on by this big, blowsy woman. Or rather, man. And the songs are edgy and sly but they are also totally true to the period, and to the...
- Julie Gardner in Times Online
Gardner says: "If I've learnt anything from working with Russell, it is that fun should be at the heart of it. It needs to be colourful and noisy and bright because drama on Saturday night is competing with The X Factor and other big, blowsy reality...