- n large usually hairy metallic blue or green fly; lays eggs in carrion or dung or wounds
- Thereupon Dentist Dreher hatched some germ-free blowfly eggs and fed the larvae for twelve hours on pig-liver.
- He had always been a slick hand with a rope, and he drifted into show business in South Africa, billed as "the Cherokee Kid-the man who can lasso the tail joff a blowfly" for .
- Tony Burke in Stock and Land
An independent study has shown that up to three million sheep would be at risk of painful death from blowfly attack, or fly-strike, if mulesing were to stop without an alternative measure,Mr Burke wrote. "The Australian Government, the...
- Julia Irwin in The Australian
The report was going to be the answer to the barbecue stopper, balancing work and family,Labor MP Julia Irwin says. "Bronwyn Bishop has ruined the barbecue faster than a blowfly in the potato salad."