- v orate verbosely and windily
- Commentators grind bigger axes, bloggers bloviate, hard reality is eclipsed by flashy opinionwith the result that the center cannot hold.
- Women are acculturated not to jump in there and yell and scream and pontificate and bloviate as much as men in this country.
- I guess the Anti-Defam gang can be relied upon to bloviate.
News & Articles
- Mark Sanchez vs. Geno Smith QB Battle Just One of Jets' Many Problems
Quarterback is the most important position in football. You know that. I know that. And if we didn't, the talking heads put before us on television would bloviate until we knew what it takes to play quarterback in the National Football League . It's all so very tiring. Yet the emphasis on the quarterback makes for one of the few instances in sports where the fixation matches up with the ...
Aug. 28, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- David Gregory in NewsBusters (blog)
In his piece, which led the NBC Nightly News, Gregory recalled: "Biden, who admits he has a tendency to bloviate, has made indelicate remarks before. Last year speaking about Indian-Americans:" Viewers saw video from C-SPAN, of Biden in a crowd,...
- Tom Brokaw in Boston Globe (registration)
You don't want to just bloviate, fill up the air with speculation,Brokaw explains. "It reminds me of the day before the Super Bowl when everyone's an expert, everyone's got a theory."