blocking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements
- v render unsuitable for passage
- v hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
- v stop from happening or developing
- v interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
- v run on a block system
- v interrupt the normal function of by means of anesthesia
- v shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight
- v stamp or emboss a title or design on a book with a block
- v obstruct
- v block passage through
- v support, secure, or raise with a block
- v impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball)
- v be unable to remember
You are blocking the name of your first wife!
- v shape by using a block
- v shape into a block or blocks
- v prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)
- But blocking YouTube makes the very opposite statement.
- Protestors attempt to blend in with commuters at Australia's Canberra airport during a demonstration calling on the 'dinosaurs'in power to stop blocking the urgent action needed to .
- A lot of environmentalists work in bold strokes, saving a species or blocking a dam, but Christina Kim operates in a more subtle way.
News & Articles
- Google Settles Suit, Clearing Way for Stock Split
Google has resolved a shareholder lawsuit blocking a long-delayed stock split, clearing the way for the Internet search leader to issue a new class of non-voting shares later this year.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Google settles suit, clears way for stock split
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google has resolved a shareholder lawsuit blocking a long-delayed stock split, clearing the way for the Internet search leader to issue a new class of non-voting shares later this year.
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Union workers, riot police face off in Turkish capital
ANKARA (Reuters) - Riot police backed by water cannon warned around 1,000 trade union workers to stop blocking a major avenue in the centre of the capital Ankara on Monday or face intervention, a Reuters witness said. The workers were trying to march towards the central Kizilay district, waving flags and chanting slogans, as part of a national strike called by several labor groups in support of ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Reuters Canada
The United States Senate knocked down a filibuster aimed at blocking a final vote on healthcare reform and scored a big victory for the American people,Obama said.
- Mark Webber in ASEAN Automotive News
Here's Webber's side of the story: "I was looking for the best tow to get the job done and pass him and he was playing quite hard as well down the inside, blocking all of a sudden very aggressively. In the end the thing that surprised me was how...
- Martin Brodeur in USA Today
Surpassing a record definitely becomes a little nerve wracking,Brodeur said. "I don't get nervous, but today I was a little nervous. It was a like a good playoff game, everybody was trying to get the puck out and blocking shots and...