- n a state or condition being blighted
- n any plant disease resulting in withering without rotting
- v cause to suffer a blight
Too much rain may blight the garden with mold
- Estimates on crop loss are unreliable, yet a severe outbreak of blight fungus in cabbage is ravaging farms and gardens.
- The hailstorm proved a blight for acres of standing crop.
- In the vineyards of northern France grape-growers watched helplessly the progress of a mysterious blight which will cut the millions of bottles of champagne which should have .
News & Articles
- Blight fighter battles doubters
In February, Darin McLeskey, an engineer, was elated when a work crew from the newly-launched Detroit Blight authority cleared a 10-block tract of mostly abandoned homes and weeds in his neighborhood. Today, he says, the area is in some ways worse than it was a year ago.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- Fire blight attacks plants in rose family, such as pear trees
Dear Neil: Every year, immediately after my pear tree stops blooming, the leaves at the tips of many of its branches turn coal black. What does that, and what can I do about it? That's a bacterial disease known as fire blight.
June 13, 2013 - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Ryan Responds to Blight Criticism
Mayor Matt Ryan says his administration has made a significant dent against blight in Binghamton. Over the past few days, mayoral candidates have been talking about issue and how more needs to be done. Ryan says he has aggressively gone after millions of dollars of federal and state funds, including through the Restore New York program, so the City could tear down eyesores and rehab dilapidated ...
June 13, 2013 - News Channel 34 Binghamton
- James Woolsey in Worthy News
Woolsey added that "It is not an exaggeration to say that such an action would set us back years in the war on terrorism," and that it would be "such an inhumane act" if he were not granted asylum that "it would constitute a blight on...
- Julie Menin in International Herald Tribune
It's been a real blight on the community. We obviously want to see it taken down and taken down safely,Menin said. "We will continue to be vigilant about this."
- Kevin Rudd in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
It's never going to be a unity ticket: A whole lot of people out there have raised objections and concerns,Rudd told Nine Network television on Sunday. "But I think this is a blight on the nation's soul. I think we need to act on it."