- n blasphemous language (expressing disrespect for God or for something sacred)
- n blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character
- A number of factors contribute to growing religious intolerance: a harsh blasphemy law and the increasing presence of radical organizations.
- In an Olympics of world cursing, he believes that Yiddish would rank high, and Hungarian would win the blasphemy prize hands down.
- And you have to give it up for George Lucas, who lets you commit Star Wars blasphemy.
- Abdoulaye Wade in Washington Post
I don't think freedom of expression should mean freedom from blasphemy,said Senegal's President Abdoulaye Wade, the chairman of the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference. "There can be no freedom without limits."
- Robert Gates in New York Times
Mr. Gates joked that "having a sitting secretary of defense travel halfway across the country to make a pitch to increase the budget of other agencies might fit into the category of 'man bites dog' or, for some back in the Pentagon, blasphemy,"...